Scarletuser.com

Go Back   Scarletuser.com > Filmmaking Central > Filmmaking - General

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 02:11 PM   #21
OUinLA

This might have been addressed already and I don't have time right now to look through all the related posts/threads.

Is everyone who participates guaranteed that their footage will be in the final edit? What happens if someone submits something and the footage sucks? Sorry for my bluntness
Do we ask them to re-shoot?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:25 PM   #22
Dances With Cameras
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Dances With Cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Majtan View Post
I like the sound of it...

And Rado - so we are basically talking about the same thing - right?

Go Go Cobra!

Yes. Hahah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvBjCO19QY&ob=av2n
Old 07-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #23
Peter Majtan
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Majtan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUinLA View Post
This might have been addressed already and I don't have time right now to look through all the related posts/threads.

Is everyone who participates guaranteed that their footage will be in the final edit? What happens if someone submits something and the footage sucks? Sorry for my bluntness
Do we ask them to re-shoot?
No need for that. Everyone who participates will have an access to all of the footage and can create their own edit. If You choose to select one shot from everyone, or all shots from 2 or 3 participants - it is Your freedom. Once You have done Your edit - You can submit for everyone to see it and vote on the best one that will represent us all...

Each of use can use their own edit for any personal promotion, showreel, etc... We just have to credit the DOP's for their respective footage...

I hope this makes it clear...

Anyway - this is just my suggestion - I would like to hear any feedback and how this model can be improved...

Peter

Scarlet-X Ti Canon mount and Epic-X Ti PL mount complete packages with optics, sound and post available - also with special rates for documentaries and independent feature films...
Old 07-31-2008, 11:14 PM   #24
Zhibo Lai
Native

Hey guys, been out for a while, busy shooting. Looks like great progress. Thanks pete for all your work on this, and everyone else for their continued ideas. Here are some of my feedback.

I think Scarlet Dawn is gold! Works on so many levels.
Some other suggestions:
Dawn 3K,
Scarlet's Dawn

I like the idea of everyone editing their own version and voting for the best. Very fair and gives everyone a chance to include their vision, and make their own copy if the winning edit doesn't included their shots.

Maybe also do the same with music, so anyone can compose songs and upload them to the pool of music and we can pick and choose which pieces of music go where.

What about the BTS, how will that fit into this film? Do 2 segments. First one is the Dawn film, and another seperate segment of all BTS?
Or maybe for BTS have everyone do like a 15 sec intro of themselves, name, location, occupation, etc... Then they can shoot other BTS footage. So when we edit the BTS, we include everyone's 15sec intro, to get a sense of the scale and countries covered by this project. Then we show clips of BTS footage of different people's shoot.

So maybe for the BTS footage, say 20 of 30 people's footage made it into the winning edit, then only show their BTS footage. But all 30 people's 15 sec intro gets included.

Just some ideas.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 PM   #25
Peter Majtan
Native

Great feedback! I forgot to extend the same principals to audio... You are absolutely right. This way everyone chooses anything from the pool. However - unlike with Scarlet's footage - we should be free to get more music from outside... Unless of course snow and the likes surprises us with some stunning score - I would love that... 100% original content...

Scarlet-X Ti Canon mount and Epic-X Ti PL mount complete packages with optics, sound and post available - also with special rates for documentaries and independent feature films...
Old 08-02-2008, 06:18 PM   #26
SnowFly
Native

Send a message via ICQ to SnowFly Send a message via AIM to SnowFly Send a message via Skype™ to SnowFly

I'm suggest that everyone will describe how he/she sees conception of the whole movie. We set the theme, now we need more extended description for right interpretation by others.

Just try to answer on following questions: How did you see it in mind? which type of footage we need for this realization? On which moments we need to concentrate our attention? and so on.

Also will be great if you explain something about culture of that places where you planning to shot, interesting facts maybe and e.t.c. And of coure if we are talking about cultural aspects will be great to read something more that description and see some photos and maybe even video )))

What do you think, guys?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
Peter Majtan
Native

I want to focus on something that visually describes my location - in terms of landmarks and culture. Ideally no "subtitles" would be needed for anyone to instantly realize where the footage was filmed...

Old 08-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #28
Peter Majtan
Native

OK guys, let's move forward...

Can everyone (when You get a chance) shoot some stills to give us all idea about Your particular vision of this project? When we all see each others visions - we should be able to focus on a common interpretation of the main theme...

If You can't take Your own photos just link some similar stills from the net. Do not copy the images - just link to them for reference using the [IMG][/IMG] tags...

Here are some of my ideas:

Old 08-14-2008, 03:05 AM   #29
lnp25
Native

is that laura bush?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:19 AM   #30
Peter Majtan
Native

Who cares... She is clearly not the reason why I have selected this photo...