Scarletuser.com

Go Back   Scarletuser.com > News > ScarletUser News

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 03:23 AM   #51
Angus Mackay
Native

Granty,

Your post (the long one ) is a great summary of the Mac Vs PC situation; it almost perfectly reflects my experience over the years (apart from the fact that I don't do sound).

Both the OS and NLE software markets are now very mature, there's less development but more stability.

The dark horse in all of this is Premiere. There's the core of a great app there now; if Adobe don't lose heart, it could really go places. They neglected it for too long and are now playing catch up; but since they set their mind to it things are looking very promising.

If there's one game changer that I can see in the post market at the moment it's Cuda, and the Adobe demo of it was very exciting. I've already seen how GPU power can be leveraged in Autodesk products and it completely alters your idea of what is technically possible.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 AM   #52
Granty
Bronze Member

I also wonder on Cuda and Premiere as I see it is going to be an exciting thing to watch, I'd really like Adobe to integrate Premiere and AF that would be a killer combination, if you had the simple and effective Premiere workflow with a Pro button that would form a AF style layout with features on the same timeline. The way that Adobe have formed their packages over the last years you kinda have this already across the two, and more packages, but be nice to get that effective and hard core setup in one killer app, at one killer price - what more would you need.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #53
Angus Mackay
Native

A few people, including Stu Maschwitz, have been saying that for a while.

Premiere = Flame

In reality, I can't see that happening entirely, for two reasons:

1. It goes against Adobes fundamental approach to building a complete toolset.
2. It would, apparently, involve the most enormous re-write of AE.

I think Adobe will continue to develop their live link technology, if they can resolve that properly it should be good enough. I think they'll leave the integrated toolset market to Autodesk/ DS.

Part of the problem for companies like Adobe is that they can't buy too much into one given technology, as they risk alienating many of their customers who might not have invested in it. Strategic planning meetings at Adobe must be a nightmare

Last edited by Angus Mackay; 03-26-2010 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #54
Granty
Bronze Member

Very true