Scarletuser.com
 

Go Back   Scarletuser.com > Scarlet DSMC > Scarlet General Discussion > Scarletuser Archives

 
 
Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
Loo
Native
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York State
Posts: 3
Default Just the basics

Sorry to ask the dumbest question ever asked on this message board but I didn't find this info for myself.

Will I be able to mount the scarlet onto a standard tripod directly or willl I have to buy the rails to do so?
Loo is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #2
Granty
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,219
Default

The Scarlet will not have a tripod mount, it will use the new RedFloat(tm) technology that will respond directly to your your dna programmed telepathic link.
Granty is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Zac C
LEader of something kEwl
 
Zac C's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UT/MA
Posts: 1,407
Send a message via AIM to Zac C Send a message via Skype™ to Zac C
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProductBE View Post
The Scarlet will not have a tripod mount, it will use the new RedFloat(tm) technology that will respond directly to your your dna programmed telepathic link.

It will steady your hand automatically... and your body, a paralysis maker
__________________
Zac C is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #4
Chris Newman
Native
 
Chris Newman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 115
Default

Loo, don't mind these guys. Yes, Scarlet will have a standard socket. There is a 99.9% chance it will be 1/4" and fit on any tripod. There is a 0.1% chance it will be 3/8", but in this case it will still mount on any decent video head.
Chris Newman is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Theta
Native
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston area, USA
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
Sorry to ask the dumbest question ever asked on this message board but I didn't find this info for myself.

Will I be able to mount the scarlet onto a standard tripod directly or willl I have to buy the rails to do so?
Well, Loo, smartassery aside, we genuinely do not know. I would honestly be shocked if you couldn't use some form of tripod right out of the box, though.
Theta is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
Granty
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,219
Default

Sorry Loo, I wanted to say what the guys above said but I just couldn't do it, I was fighting it all the way but that inner smartass won in the end.

It will most likely be a standard 1/4", if not a small cheap adapter or plate can be fitted from $4-16.
Granty is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #7
dingos8mybaby
Native
 
dingos8mybaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 275
Default

No offense, but that's like asking if it will have manual focus or not...

My thoughts are that it's better to use some kind of quick-release adapter, anyway.
________
BMW 300 (Isetta) specifications

Last edited by dingos8mybaby; 01-28-2011 at 11:00 PM.
dingos8mybaby is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
fde101
Native
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 1,538
Default

More important to think about than the threading size of the screw: will your tripod support the WEIGHT of the camera?
fde101 is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 04:03 PM   #9
Lee Wilson
Native
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 21
Default

I think the camera will not have a standard tripod mount out of the box - like much of the modular design see with the R1, the hole will probably come separately.

My guess is that you will be able to purchase spare holes from RED to place on the camera body.
Lee Wilson is offline  
Old 11-11-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
Stefan Christou
Native
 
Stefan Christou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brixton, London, UK
Posts: 31,515
Default

Who was it who first mentioned the robotic vagina BOB?
__________________
Knowledge is power

stefanchristou.com ... stefan8
Stefan Christou is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Landmine Media, Inc.