Scarletuser.com

Go Back   Scarletuser.com > Scarlet DSMC > Scarlet General Discussion > Scarletuser Archives

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 04:37 AM   #1
Joseph Hutson
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Joseph Hutson
Default This is why I believe Jim said "The market has changed".

We all know that the features of the new Canon already did not even come close to compare with the original Scarlet. But WHY did Red change suddenly after the Canon 5D Mark II was released?

I believe the reason, is to not only get reach the market that they have been planning to do for the past 2 years, but to ALSO reach the market that the "Canon 5D Mark II" does.

It is not that the people in the video production market have changed, but rather the ''still" market has changed, with Red believing they can they can take something home as well.

I say this all, believing that MY bet says, we will at least have 3K resolution, with a larger resolution of still pictures. I also think that these "stills" will be RAW (maybe not). But the reason why I think this, is because Jim has asked: Which DSLRs record uncompressed? Check closely before you reply. And why would this be more important? I believe he said about the same thing when we were talking about the possibilities of a 3K video camera. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.

What else are we going to hear about in November? They might make an announcement about the "much talked about" the extensive 3D development that Red is doing a lot of R&D work for. The reason why this prospect looks so good right now, is because within the last 24 hours, Red has registered the trademark "Red 3D" with the description of:
Cameras, camera lenses, projectors, eyeglasses and software, all for use in the recording and playback of 3D images.

These are exciting times for Red, which of course makes these exciting times for us.

Thanks Red for the devotion, time and effort to make this Scarlet, a BAD girl.

CONTACT | JosephHutson@Gmail.com

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Trying to know everything is not my first priority. Surrounding myself with those who do know everything is.

For #R3D Tips/Hints/News... @HUTSON on Twitter
Old 10-04-2008, 04:52 AM   #2
Dances With Cameras
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Dances With Cameras

+ Ikonoskop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXvBjCO19QY&ob=av2n
Old 10-04-2008, 04:55 AM   #3
johnvid
Native

I wonder if the 3D Video would be stereo based or DEPTH MAPPED ie Z-BUFFER with projected video ontop
Old 10-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #4
David Rasberry

The new digital cinema 3D systems are stereoscopic with alternating eye images projected sequentially and synchronized LCD shutter glasses for the viewer.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
dingos8mybaby
Native

I may be misunderstanding you, I'm pretty sure that one would still need multiple Scarlets (or cameras for that matter) for 3D acquisition. That is, of course, unless Jannard and Co have developed (or are developing) some kind of sensor system which, through an ingenious optical design (like a double-lens-single-camera, or an internal image splitter that captures different right and left fields of view and projects them onto respective parts of the sensor, which are combined to create a single stereoscopic image when digitized), can do 3D in 'camera'. I'm not sure if this is even possible or practical given current camera and optical technologies. Besides, a lot of companies try to safeguard their future ideas by registering even the most trivial ones (as Red has done in the past).
________
drug testing

Last edited by dingos8mybaby; 01-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:33 AM   #6
roxics
Native

http://hight3ch.com/post/adobes-3d-lens-19-images-in-1/

http://wileywiggins.blogspot.com/200...camcorder.html

The age of the SL3D camera is coming.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:41 AM   #7
Granty
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxics View Post
Those splitters like on the Canon have been around for a while, but they half the rez, but on a 3-4k camera you would get a super cool 1k image, nightmare to add cgi to two differing shots, headache!

But that Adobe one, wow! I want one, Red have been working close with Abode, would you pay extra if the Scarlet shipped with one of these 3D lens attachments at cost?

I think I would, that is so cool, the depth of field in a real time photo, and the 3D angle, amazing!
Old 10-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #8
dingos8mybaby
Native

So cool. Glad to see that 3D won't be synonomous with cheesy drive-in movies pretty soon.
________
volcano vaporizer review

Last edited by dingos8mybaby; 01-28-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:43 AM   #9
Pietro Impagliazzo
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Pietro Impagliazzo

Ok...
I know some people want 3D.

But I just want a regular camera.

Acintyah khalu ye bhava na tams tarkena yojayet
There's no use arguing over that which is inconceivable

Pietro Impagliazzo
vimeo.com/impa
impagliazzo.500px.com
Old 10-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
Granty
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impagliazzo View Post
Ok...
I know some people want 3D.

But I just want a regular camera.
When people talk of Z-field capture it isn't mainly for 3D, but for CGI, you can do vitual magic with that extra data, brill for comping.