Joseph Hutson
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Joseph Hutson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Majtan View Post
"Sorry. This video does not exist."
hmmmm

CONTACT | JosephHutson@Gmail.com

The answer is "No" 100% of the time you don't ask.

Trying to know everything is not my first priority. Surrounding myself with those who do know everything is.

For #R3D Tips/Hints/News... @HUTSON on Twitter
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #32
Peter Majtan
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Majtan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hutson View Post
hmmmm
Glad you got the link fixed. Looks nice - very Philip Bloom-ish...

2 points:

1: I still don't see a shot in there that could not have been done on the Scarlet...

2: Once again - this thread is about Scarlet vs RED ONE...

Scarlet-X Ti Canon mount and Epic-X Ti PL mount complete packages with optics, sound and post available - also with special rates for documentaries and independent feature films...
Old 02-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #33
yoav

Default dragon upgrade

I agree that slo-mo / time-lapse isnt the reason to pick scarlet/one...

I believe these are the important points:

1) R1 is at end of line. Dragon sensor should be out at some point in the near future, and will be available as an upgrade for scarlet. It's only rumors so far, but we're guessing higher DR / better resolution.

2) Canon mount. You can autofocus, set aperture, etc, on canon lenses (don't care if you use PL lenses though)

3) form factor/weight. Scarlet is a much nicer/compact camera, and is modular, so you only need to attach what you need.

4) HDRx.

5) ability to use most components with the epic should you ever choose to upgrade.. (only need to buy the epic brain).

Having said that, as most people already mentioned, the price of an R1 is much much lower than a fully kitted scarlet (especially if you include media and batteries)... However, given the choice today, if I could afford either one for narrative film (without the need for slo-mo), I'd definitely go with the scarlet (just keep in mind, the scarlet isn't really $10k, or $15k... once you actually start kitting it out with media and batteries and rail system... it will run you about $20k.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #34
Peter Majtan
Native

Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Majtan

Please read my first post on the page 1 - time-lapse is certainly not the only reason by all means. I have listed the key reasons in the first post. But all other things considered - Scarlet's time-lapse abilities could be a deciding factor for some and it is one of the differences between the Scarlet and RED ONE - which is what this thread is all about...

Regarding Canon mount - there are smart Canon mounts for the RED ONE as well and some of the used R1 are selling with it. For example the Birger mount has even wireles remote for focus and aperture. Just something to keep in mind as well...

Scarlet-X Ti Canon mount and Epic-X Ti PL mount complete packages with optics, sound and post available - also with special rates for documentaries and independent feature films...

Tags
price, red one mx, scarlet, vs.