Scarletuser.com

Go Back   Scarletuser.com > News > RECON RSS

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #21
johnvid
Native

The Ability to film at 1000fps, can open up all sorts of additional funded projects, but not if everyone's got it. But 200fps bursts would only be good for some nice moments in time type shots, but it is something I would want to play with, only trouble is then I would be wishing it went faster...So I hope they have an option to sacrifice the size for extra frame rates, even if it doubled the price of the camera it owuld still be cheaper than other High Speed cam's
Old 12-02-2008, 11:51 AM   #22
harmonica
Native

I think the voices that want a zillion fps are louder than what the need for that speed may be across all the users [hope that makes sense]

It sounds like Jim recognizes that if there are super fps needs out there,...that they should pay for that feature, while not making the rest of the users pay for a feature they don't need or want.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #23
PaulVortex
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonica View Post
I think the voices that want a zillion fps are louder than what the need for that speed may be across all the users [hope that makes sense]

It sounds like Jim recognizes that if there are super fps needs out there,...that they should pay for that feature, while not making the rest of the users pay for a feature they don't need or want.
I get what you mean... I can almost imagine that after Scarlet is released there is going to be an explosion of "stylish" slo-motion shots in Indie films around the world... Perhaps, often at innopportune moments within a story.

I definately want the option - But it's important not to overuse it just because it's there. Often, less is more. But having the option is pretty important to me.

Darn it - I'll probably end up using it all the time - So don't listen to me!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #24
Emiel Labree
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulVortex View Post
I get what you mean... I can almost imagine that after Scarlet is released there is going to be an explosion of "stylish" slo-motion shots in Indie films around the world...
Slow-mo is the new 35mm adapter DOF?

Aaarrrgggghhh :-)