PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof Scarlet

Ameer Azari
07-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Hey guys...

Just a thought, but perhaps the Scarlet will be entirely waterproof...That would be a huge advantage for us over in England...If the Scarlet was waterproof, it would mean no more underwater housing, no more raincovers etc.

Just another quirky feature it could have...

just a thought...

Jared Caldwell
07-06-2008, 08:27 AM
A waterproof/water resistant Scarlet would be amazing. :D

Joseph Hutson
07-06-2008, 12:00 PM
When we are swapping CF Cards???

Ameer Azari
07-06-2008, 01:01 PM
When we are swapping CF Cards???

lol

waterproof CF Cards...DUH

Naah just kiddin', that's a good point, but then again, as far as I know, you can't swap CF Cards in an underwater housing.

Joseph Hutson
07-06-2008, 01:48 PM
lol

waterproof CF Cards...DUH

waterproof CF Cards!!! why didn't I think of that? and waterproof electronics, and a waterproof sensor and a waterproof microphone, and a waterproof wallet with no money left.:thumbsup: haha

Joseph Hutson
07-06-2008, 01:50 PM
How will they deal with the built in mic? Waterproof that too?

Ameer Azari
07-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Well...a waterproof Mic would be a breakthrough...

Jason Burkhimer
07-06-2008, 04:29 PM
If not a totally waterproof camera, something adapts to become waterproof easily. By easy, I mean something that doesnt require a full-fledged water housing. maybe some add-on parts to certain areas. this thing is going to change things for us in the "surf-videography" world regardless but an out-of-the-box all weather/waterproof scarlet would obliterate me.
:head_explode:

-burk

Peter Majtan
07-06-2008, 05:37 PM
To make the camera "weather-proof" (meaning resistant to splash, rain, dust, etc...) would not be too hard (except for the CF ports), but forget about making it "waterproof" (as in being able to submerge it under water) - as it would not work with the lens. Once under water, all You focus will go "wild"... For such a filming You can't get away without a proper housing...

Dances With Cameras
07-06-2008, 07:47 PM
I hope she's good in bed.

Ameer Azari
07-07-2008, 02:04 PM
I hope she's good in bed.

Hah!

you made me lol...

OK, maybe not entirely waterproof, as Peter rightly pointed out the lens problem, but at least, more resistant to heavy rain etc. than most other cameras, and able to be used on say, a surf board, without worrying about dropping it in the sea...

Dances With Cameras
07-08-2008, 03:20 AM
Or on a mission to Mars. :)

I wonder, don't these Mars modules that go there, have high-quality motion cameras?

Andrew
07-08-2008, 08:34 AM
I wonder, don't these Mars modules that go there, have high-quality motion cameras?

I think they'd be limited by the data transfer speed. How long does it take to transmit a little 3K RAW from Mars these days?

Luis Caffesse
07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
While I think an entirely waterproof camera is going to be out of the question given the price point and intended market - the idea of an underwater housing for the Scarlet is great. I'd sign up for one.

Joseph Hutson
07-08-2008, 10:21 AM
While I think an entirely waterproof camera is going to be out of the question given the price point and intended market - the idea of an underwater housing for the Scarlet is great. I'd sign up for one.

Red needs to make them so they aren't so STINKIN' expensive!