PDA

View Full Version : A good place for a handle on Scarlet

Jerrod Cordell
06-30-2008, 07:45 PM
http://i315.photobucket.com/albums/ll467/AngryLeprechaunn/RedPrototypeScarlet-2.jpg?t=1214876541

Right there. If Red maybe makes it a little wider they could put in a little groove to use as a grip. Also, making this part wider would allow a spot for XLR (or mini-XLR) ports.

Just thought I'd share and hopefully Red will listen, because a handle, strap, anything to actually hold the camera with one hand on the body and the other on the lens is a must.

Jaime Valles
06-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Definitely. If Scarlet needs to gain 1 more pound (total of 4 lbs.) in order to get a couple of mini-XLR ports, that'd be fine by me.

We should all be trying to help Scarlet with her eating disorder. It's not healthy being that skinny...

Jerrod Cordell
07-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Come on Scarlet, you're not too fat. They call them love handles for a reason. I gotta have something to hold onto you baby.

Luke Stewart
07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
I like mine skinny. Not planning on using it for hand held work myself. It doesn't look like it would be very comfortable to hold that way anyway.

Pietro Impagliazzo
07-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Looking by that angle.

Wow, Scarlet is really weird!

Killfilm
07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
The HVX is fairly lite to me, i dont mind it gaining a pound or two to accomadate a nice grip for one hand to hold and the other to focus/zoom, pretty much a standard. Two handles is a no no, unless one is shooting auto all the time, which i doubt

Peter Majtan
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Two handles are useful for certain situations. I could not shoot while skiing in Himalayas without two handles and shoulder mount. And that was ARRI-435 - no auto mode on this lady...

Killfilm
07-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Two handles are useful for certain situations. I could not shoot while skiing in Himalayas without two handles and shoulder mount. And that was ARRI-435 - no auto mode on this lady...

forget auto, thats not the point. But a two handle system should be an option for those wanting it for "special situations", Scarlet should come with a basic one grip feature since we wanna manually operate it.

dvpixl
07-02-2008, 11:59 PM
yeah and not actually alter the body or add a hunk of extra aluminum. Might kill the versatility of the camera.